9.25.2007

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted...

I just had that Bangles song in my head so you'll have to forgive the title of this post.

Christine has been here visiting for nearly a week. She arrived one hour after my last day at Kittcom, so things have been pretty busy around here (and I've been nowhere near my trusty computer). For the first time ever, I think, we made no plans. She just hung out and we made lots of art: collage, painting, beaded felt flowers, you name it. Oh, and she was invaluable during this first week of transition into the land of the self-employed.

Thank God for Christine. In fact, I don't think I can let her leave. She has this idea she's getting on the plane tonight but I say, this is just why I've been keeping that handy iron ball and clanking chains. I'll plunk her in the living room with ample room to reach the kitchen (to make wild mushroom raviolis, of course), and close to the dishwasher and the kids. She'll be happy, right? Sure!

Seriously, she has probably worked harder since she got here than she does in her professional capacity as Multi-Talented Computer Gal. She has played with kids, fixed socks, made sandwiches, washed dishes, read EZ Reader books and set up art supplies for children. Maya and Jordan are hopelessly in love.

Also, she is wise, lovely, talented and interesting. Basically, a total winner.

But now she's getting on the plane. I don't even have a picture of her from this visit because I am an abominable picture-taker who never removes the camera from the shelf. But trust me, she never broke a sweat, even on this working vacation.

No comments: