5.27.2007

Wah!!!!

I tried and tried but I just couldn't hang on to Sarah.

Today she stopped by with some "news", which I hoped would be a marriage or pregnancy announcement, but no! nothing so mundane and predictable for my pal Sarah.

Nope, she's off to Kentucky, to Louisville--or Louaval, as she calls it. Rob is soon to follow.

My wonderful friends! Of course, one of things I adore so much about Sarah is you just never know what's going to come next. And one of the things I adore so much about Rob is his steady character, but when it comes to this move he seems to be on board. They've been talking about it for a long time.

Apparently Louaval has cheap housing, plentiful jobs, a liberal culture, and trees. That's hard to beat.

But does Louaval have Mayberrys? I think not! So they'll just have to come back and visit.

Or we can go to them. Just one more flag on the ol map for our future travels. It's the only way I have been able to console myself.

1 comment:

buddinggardener said...

Gone, but thankfully not forgotten. :)

I have made it to Kentucky... 36 hours of driving and a couple of quick nights in a hotel later.

It's a long way out here. Thank goodness for airplanes!