8.16.2005

Gratitude

Sometimes I'm one sulky bitch. Just ask Christine and she'll tell you (sorry, Bean). However, just as all light is lost, there is usually some kind of miracle, and I am gradually able to remember the remarkable list of things for which I am thankful. These include the following:


  • the sandstone swimming holes in the Teanaway River
  • Maya's ringlets
  • hiking boots that don't give me blisters
  • Jazzercise
  • romantic hotel nights with Scotty
  • Jordan's full-contact body hugs
  • stitch and bitch
  • my awesome, awesome friends
  • enough money
  • the new La-Z-Boy
  • really big ceramic coffee cups
  • sugar-free ice cream
  • daisies
  • my cool job
  • wireless internet on my laptop
  • herbal tea
  • AA women's meetings
  • backpack trips
  • Sunday drives into the mountains
  • therapy
  • candles
  • remixed world music
  • my new needlepoint project
  • massage and energy work
  • new Elmo tapes from the library
  • Ringer Loop in the fall
  • our travel van

So next time I'm bitchy, maybe I'll remember this list. Maybe not. Today it makes me feel pretty damned sunshiny, and that's good enough for me.

No comments: